New DesignCheck itFinding ChristineCheck out this new short about identity

Reminds me of Karel Capek

You know, Karel Capek, the playwright who first used the word "robot"... except in an alternate way?

Hmmm, not really, now that I think of it... what the heck am I trying to write. Oh, I know!

Have you heard of HIT? HIT stands for Human Intelligence Task and it is the means behind Amazon's newest deal.

Introducing, Amazon Mechanical Turks: Paid to Write, Search, Review & More.

A fairly interesting way to earn a couple bucks. As technology has increased exponentially, so has the need (apparently) for tasks that only us humans can do.

After registering, you can choose from any number of tasks (ie. Writing reviews, descriptions and blog entries for websites; filing out surveys; looking for images). Upon completion, you submit your work. The company then reviews it, and after approval, you get your money.

Upon last check you could earn $15 for one task, but I was rather appalled by the amount of work it involved (finding 200 professional documents in 24 hours? Even if you find them, that is still 62.5 cents per hour). It seems kind of like a sweatshop to me more than anything else.

Anyway, if this is your kind of thing, more power to you; but this is one thing that I would want to stray away from.

 

0 Responses to Reminds me of Karel Capek