New DesignCheck itFinding ChristineCheck out this new short about identity

Top Songs of 2007

Driving back home today, I was listening the American Top 40. It was a special edition showcasing the top 100 songs of the year with 2007 coming to an end.

"Coming to an end?" I thought to myself. How soon it started and how quickly it, seemingly, ended. It's really interesting how the end of the year causes one to pause and reflect.

Anyway, I was really happy about the fact that the top two songs were both sung by females. I don't know why, but there's something really awesome about seeing females rise above the so many obvious and subtle restrictions placed on them. It must be powerful for admirers to see the kinds of things that can be done, creating even greater potential for growth in the future. I can only look forward to seeing more of these barriers fall in the year to come.

Oh by the way, the top two songs:

2. "Say it Right" by Nelly Furtado, and
1. "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie

 

0 Responses to Top Songs of 2007